- 1st 2 miles nice and flat on road, averaged about 7:15 pace.
- Next 5 miles sustained climb at around 5% grade. Tough to hold any speed. Did fairly well for the 1st 4, but took a few short breaks to lower my HR during the 5th mile.
- Mile 8 dropped about 500 ft and provided a nice break and fast downhill
- Miles 9 - 11.7 were another sustained climb with some walking breaks
- Finished strong in the last half mile.
All in all was fun and good run, but have some work cut out for me if I want to become a solid trail runner (7/23 AG, 48 / 183 overall). Running above 5kft without acclimating did make it a little tougher.
Amy and I headed down to Moab the day after Wheeler Canyon and got in roughly 30 miles of hiking, a 15 mile Mountain bike ride on Slick Rock (Klondike Bluffs Trail), and did a Canyoneering trip that included two repels of 50 and 100 feet respectively. Pretty good time and took lots of pictures: http://scotd.shutterfly.com/1203