Scot vs. Mount Monadnock

For my day off yesterday, I headed up to Mount Monadnock in Jaffrey, NH with some friends.  As I continue my trail run training, I decided running from the bottom to the top of Mount Monadnock would be a good indicator of what type of pace I could hold on some very technical and steep terrain. 

Pumpelly Trail Mount Monadock:
- 4 miles up
- Average Grade 11.7% (from GPS)
- 2136 ft of climbing (from GPS)
- Total time: 1:18:07

It went as well as I could have expected considering how technical the trail was.  Missed a turn at one point and had to back track briefly adding .2 miles to my trek up.  All in all felt pretty good when I got to the top, took a quick break, got something to eat, and headed back down to find my friends (who I found a little over a mile below).  I then hiked back to the top with then before descending to the bottom increasing my day's total to 4.22 running and 6.25 of hiking. 

GPS Data

Comments