Lots and Lots of Swimming Mixed with Some Fast Running and Cycling

I signed up for a 5K swim to go with my other two long events for the year (50K run and 148 mike bike ride).  Last week I put in 10.1K of swimming and started off this week with another 3K (which consisted of traversing across Walden pond and back twice) yesterday.  

The distance doesn't seem to be too daunting but man I just lose speed after swimming for a while.  My 3rd and 4th crossings yesterday were 16 seconds / 100m slower then the 1st one.  The goal is to get up to 12K this which should be interesting as I don't think I have ever gotten quite that high before. 

Anyways with a sprint triathlon on the horizon I have been adding in some speed work both cycling and running.  The cycling is coming along and the running has been going quite well.  Knocked out a couple of real quick miles last week and plan on putting in an entire practice triathlon Thursday after work at Walden. 

On another note Amy and I biked down to Kendall Square and watched the fireworks last night.  After watching the show that Boston puts on we wonder if it is even worth it to watch fireworks anywhere else as they are so ridiculously huge. 

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July.

Comments