1 Week until Hyannis Marathon

Ever since my 50 mile week, my volume has tailed off.  Some of this is good, some not as good, but either way my training is pretty much complete for the marathon.  Last week I ran 18 miles and then spent the weekend up in Conway, NH and got 22 miles of cross country skiing in (Skate style).  Skate  skiing is such a great sport for cross training and I truly felt I got solid workouts in that weekend.  We skied at Jackson XC both days which is just past North Conway. 

As luck would have it, I came down with a chest cold the following week.  I was hoping to get in another 30+ mile week with a few tempo runs, but just wasn't into with the post nasal drip, runny nose, and coughing.  Hopefully I am past the worst of it and will make a full recovery before next Sunday. 

Comments