Update from Neil

Christmas and Chanukah

Grandma Susan and Grandpa Gary got me my first bicycle for Christmas, a Skuut Bike.  Sure it doesn't have pedals and is made of wood, but it has two wheels and handle bars.  I am one step closer to my 1st triathlon. 

Grandma Betsy and Grandpa Dan got me a snow suit for Chanukah.  Dad and I have been using it fairly regularly to keep me warm when we go out running.  We have put in 17 mile together in the past 5 days.


I got a bunch of other things for Christmas and Chanukah also: dinosaur pajamas, a new robot, a lion, a bunch of clothes, some even with robots on them :) and my very own Harvard hat and mittens.  Oh, of course, I got loads of books too.  I have my work cut out for me over the next few months to make sure I use everything.  I can get use to this holiday thing. Special thanks to all those who gave me gifts.  I really appreciate it. 


The Push to 1500

Dad was on track to finish the year off with 1500 miles run, but managed to catch a cold last week which slowed him down a bit.  Anyways with 40 miles to go and 5 running days left before the end of the year, we think he still has a shot at getting there.  Not having to work between now and then should also help out a bit.

My First Race

My first road race is now scheduled for Sunday January 6th.  Dad will be pushing me in the SRR Winter Challenge, a 4.06 mile course he is very familiar with.  Also looks like we may have some competition in the stroller division with another SRR member going to push his 16 month old and 3 year old in a double stroller.  I have already picked my uniform out, my snow suit with my bright yellow Under Armour shirt over it. 

My First Height Measurement

Yesterday was my 6th month birthday.  After a little bit of coaxing, I got mom and dad to agree to record my height measurement by the cellar door to show how fast I grow over time.  The plan is to do this every six months.  Yesterday I was just over 25'' tall.  Can't wait until my 1 year birthday when we do our next measurement.

Enjoy the rest of 2012 it has been a great year.

- The little maniac (Neil)

Comments