An Update from Neil

It has been a little while since my last post and boy have a I been busy.  First off I had to help dad get his running volume back up after Iceland in prep for his first 50 mile race.  Second I got to make a trip up to Lake Winnipesaukee for a relay race and hang out with Dad's running club, the Somerville Road Runners.  Third our yard project finally finished up and I have a new play place. 

Lake Winnipesaukee Weekend

Two weeks after Iceland, when I finally was able to get back on eastern time, mom and dad dragged me up to Lake Winnipesaukee for some crazy relay race that goes around the lake.  Did you know the circumference of that lake is 65 miles? 

Anyways, it was a pretty fun trip.  We stayed at this awesome house right on the lake with the team and I got to hang out with my buddy Chase, who was only about 8 weeks old at the time.  Dad did a good job on his run, knocking out 11 miles in just over 1 hour and 9 minutes. 

My Trip to Ithaca, Virgil, and Elmira

Two weeks later was the big weekend of dads' 50 mile race.  I still think that he is entirely nuts for running 50 miles in the mountains, but whatever float's your boat.  I am sure I will find a way to out do him some day. 

The trip was kind of a blur as we traveled from place to place and hung out with a bunch of new cousins, but I had a good time none the less.  I also had 4 new teeth, I think they were called molars, come in during that trip with pretty much discounted the idea of getting any sleep, sorry mom and dad. 

My New Yard

My new yard is finally finished and we had our first BBQ last weekend.  I have been helping dad water the plants every day as we want to keep it looking good.
I really like how it came out, but I am thinking we need a fence at some point. 

My Upcoming Trip to the Caribbean

Next up is our trip to the Caribbean in November for Auntie M's wedding.  We are going to start off with a short trip to St John's and then take a ferry over to Virgin Gorda for the big day.  From what mom and dad tell me the water there is as warm as Iceland, but part of this large thing called an ocean.  I am not sure that I fully believe them, as they put me in the ocean down in Rhode Island last summer and it was definitely not warm. 

The Dan Scharfman Memorial Run

On November 17th Belmont is holding the Dan Scharfman memorial run.  Dan was our neighbor and fellow ultra runner that passed away last year and what better way to honor his name then to run.  There are 5K and 1 mile options and of course dad signed up for both.  I think I am going to tag along on the 1 mile option.  I need to make sure dad works on his speed as I want to keep my undefeated record in the stroller division intact. 

I will be hosting a BBQ after the race so let us know if you sign up.  Register here.

- The Little Maniac

Comments