Charity / Fundraising Update

Invisible Children Supporter Spotlight
The end of October marked the end of my first full year of donating a dollar per mile run.  I got a nice surprise towards the end of the month I received an email from the charity Invisible Children, the charity I selected for the month of July thanking me for my donation and letting me know they like to get to know their supporters.  I sent them my story and a few emails later they added a supporter spotlight post to their blog about me.  The post was just the motivation that I need to keep pushing on. 

“Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts.” –Steve Prefontaine. Ambitious doesn’t begin to describe it. After speaking to Scot DeDeo, a 33-year-old software engineer from Belmont, Massachusetts, I’m never again going to use the excuse of being too busy to commit ...

To read the full post go to: http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/2013/11/08/supporter-spotlight-scot-dedeo/

October
I completed October with 130 miles.  Not too bad considering it was on the heels of my 50-miler in September.  I also got in 45 miles of cycling which was a nice change of pace.  Our charity for October was the Komen foundation in recognition of breast cancer awareness month. 

November / Caribbean Trip

November started off with a trip to the Caribbean for my sister-in-law Meryl's wedding.  I was able to knock off 30 miles in 80+ degree weather with 80+% humidity.  It felt like July.  And it was hilly too.  Saturday morning I made a full ascent of the 1400' Gorda Peak and lived to tell about it.

As I arrived back in reality this past Tuesday, I quickly learned about the typhoon that hit the Philippines. I decided to do a pre-donation to help out.  I am 55 miles into a 150 mile month and will not be missing my numbers.

- The Multisport Maniac

Comments