Neil and Dad vs. The World

For the past week and a half Mom has been traveling through China for work so Dad have been spending even more time together.  Since he is in the middle of a pretty high volume training segment (145 miles over 2 weeks), I have been tagging along in the stroller for a bunch of runs.  Friday's run brought us over 21 miles in the 11 days. 

100 Days
Last Thursday was Dad's 100th consecutive day of running.  Even though he only ran 1 mile a couple of those days, I have to admit, I am quite proud of him none the less.  The more impressive part is that he ran 698 miles over those 100 days.  I can't wait until I am old enough to start my own running streak.  I am going to blow his out of the water.

I have been tagging along quite a bit lately and have even been directing Dad to run to all all the different parks to ensure that we have gone down all of the slides in Belmont. My new favorite park is Joey's park off Cross st where they have sea saw. 

My Bike
Thank goodness it is getting warmer out as it was starting to get old riding my bike around the living room.  We have been taking the bike out almost every day and I think I am really starting to get the hang out if.  Last night Dad and I read through the Richard Scary book and I pointed out and said "Bike" at all of the bikes in the book. 



Whats Next
Last week officially began training for my next race, the Tot's trot at the Groton Road Races at the end of the month.  In addition to training I have been making the rounds around the play grounds to ensure everyone knows who they are dealing with.  There is no age to young to begin trash talking. 

If Dad survives his 50K at the end of the month then we are going to see if we can make it 5-0 in the stroller division in Groton.  

- The Little Maniac

Comments