Locked and Loaded

 “The hay is in the barn!” - Bill Bowerman

Tahoe Training Plan
I have finally entered the taper with just over a week to go until Tahoe.  When asked if I'm ready, all I can do is reply with "as ready as I am going to be."  

This whole training cycle has been an eye opening experience.  I have pushed myself well past where I have ever been before.  I have broken my max mileage weeks and my max mileage months twice.  Hell, I even reached 2000 miles for the year in May (in May!) and I truly believe I did everything that I could with the time that I had; working / traveling, parenting, coaching, and occasionally sleeping.  

Tahoe Crew Shirts
Key Training Numbers

- Biggest Month - 460 miles
- Biggest Week - 135 miles
- Biggest Vert Week - 13,600'
- Hardest Block - Back to Back 35s
- Times up Snake Hill Rd - 100
- FKT's - 1 - Paul Revere Out and Back
- Night Trail Runs - 4 (Blue Hills, 3X Western Greenway)

Northern Lights
  

Recently Outside Magazine's podcast had an episode dubbed "The 200-Mile Race to Tell the World about Everest" detailing the untold story of Ten Tsewang's run from Everest to Kathmandu to deliver the news of Sir Edmund Hillary's summit on May 29th, 1953.

As someone who is training for a 200 mile race, I find this story and others like it (i.e. Pheidippides) intriguing. Can the human body really be trained to run distances this long over extremely complex terrain? I hope so!

100th Snake Hill
As I wrap up, I want to give a huge shout out to all my friends that have come on this journey with me.  Your company at any odd our of the day or night has been hugely appreciated. You have kicked my ass into gear when I have been slogging along and motivated me to be the best representation of myself.  


 

200 miles until victory. 

- Scot

Mighty Squirrel Post Night Western Greenway Run


Comments